The Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development, Inc. (SSTDI) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization providing training and capacity building for public and private stakeholders to attain excellence in sustainable tourism and development, environmental conservation and stewardship (to help mitigate climate change), social equity and responsibility as well as economic growth.
The approach is to implement green solutions to global issues for grassroots growth, with policies to practices, underlining cultural, community and ecological legacy.
– Provide the guiding framework and implement sustainable tourism and development, environmental conservation and community or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) implementation with information, support and training resources;
– Develop and promote responsible travel, green hotels, events & meetings (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions-M.I.C.E) and sustainable festivals with low carbon and less impact to environment, adopting best green and environmental friendly practices;
– Assist in marketing and promotion of the network of sustainable tourism destinations and service providers, green hotels and lodgings, MICE venue and sites to include destination /brand management, marketing communications, public relations and publicity;
– Present CSR solutions for companies who can have the option to choose their community or corporate social responsibility program through genuine environmental initiatives or grass roots development outreach;
– Impart and implement sustainable development and tourism facilitating tools for other non-government/ non-profit organizations in partnership programs and network; effective sustainability planning and training for LGUs as well as real estate developers, maximizing social and economic benefits for the local community while enhancing cultural heritage and reducing negative impacts to the environment;
– Promote and offer extraordinary, unique, responsible travel alternatives with attention to detail through authentic, well-rounded and meaningful experiences.